Ingredients *serves 2*
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 425.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- With a spoon, scoop out some avocado to make the holes in the center of the halves a little bigger so the eggs will fit.
- For each half, crack one egg into the center. It’s ok if some of the egg whites spill out.
- Sprinkle some pepper on top.
- Place the avocados into a pan. Make sure they are stable and will stay upright.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Then remove hem from the pan and serve!
For those of you who love eggs and avocado, this recipe will be delicious for you. I love avocado, but I’m not a big fan of eggs, so I made this for my mom one morning. I’ve made it a few times before, an she loves it. She ate it after doing a long workout, and this recipe is perfect for that because it is healthy and protein packed. You don’t hear of baked avocado very much, or baked eggs – they’re usually heated or cooked on the stove. Since this meal is different and you don’t see it very often, I thought I would share it with you!
When I cooked this, it was undercooked at 10 minutes, so I took it out of the oven at 12 minutes, and I think I it was overcooked then. So, I recommend just keeping an eye on it after 10 minutes. You can really cook it as long as you like depending on how you like your eggs (as long as it doesn’t burn!).
You don’t only have to add pepper, you can add any sauce or seasoning you want! If you like hot sauce, that would be good to add to this. Also, I love sprouts so I thought it would be yummy to add some to the side. It would also be great with some toast, maybe some fruit…
What’s your favorite breakfast to make? If you have a recipe, share it with me so I can see!