- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 French bread baguette
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 8 oz. sliced mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients
- Cut the baguette into 1/2 inch slices. Spread each slice with butter and a slice of mozzarella cheese. Place on uncreased baking sheets.
- Set your oven to broil, and let the bread cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top each slice with tomato mixture. Enjoy!
*makes about 25
This bruschetta recipe is SO good and super easy to make. It was my first time making it, so I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but it ended up being perfect (except I burned the bread a little). I love it for dinner but is also perfect for a snack or appetizers. It looks pretty too, so it is great to have at parties or special events!
I did’t add parsley to this bruschetta because I didn’t have any at my house, but also because I don’t like it very much. If you do like it though, feel free to add it, as most bruschetta recipes do have parsley.
Just keep in mind, the broil setting on the oven cooks things super fast! I only had the bread in the oven for 2 minutes, and some pieces burned. Make sure to keep an eye out, and take the bread out of the oven just as the mozzarella is melting.
Let me know if you try out this recipe, and if you do I hope you love it as much as I do!